24.2.09

K'Naan - Troubadour


The Somalian born rapper K'Naan has not received any major attention since the beginnings of his career. But with his latest release he hopes to crack the mainstream market. Unfortunately, him attempting this seems like his main focus.

I liked his previous releases, but this one seems too much like the mainstream music for me. I mean c'mon, he would have never had Adam Levine on an album before. I think he's just trying to sell some records.

The whole album is not horribly mainstream though, "Wavin' Flag" is a great uplifting track which is the highlight of the whole album.

Overall, the album has some good tracks. But the rest of the album just gets on my nerves. It's the type of record that you would only listen to once. Then it sits on the CD rack. It's too bad because this album could have been career defining.

Overall: 44/100 (Best Tracks: "Wavin' Flag" and "ABCs")

No comments: