16.4.08

Tokyo Police Club - Elephant Shell



I don't know about you but after 2 stellar EP's I am ready for the debut full lengh album from one of my favorite bands Tokyo Police Club. And it seems my patience has payed off. This has to be on of my favorite releases this year. Tokyo Police Club seem to be masters at making catchy yet complex rock music. The tracks at first listen may disappoint but after a few listens the album grows on you and you cannot stop listening. This is a rare album for me because I know after a few listens that I will be listening to it some more afterwards. Usually I go back to an album self-consciously but this album is a definite repeat listen offender. Don't miss out on possibly the best album of the year!

Must have tracks: Tesselate, Centennial, In A Cave (If you like all these tracks buy the whole thing!)

Rating: Lyrics: 38/40 (Read the lyrics to get the full affect)

Tunefulness: 46/50 (It all meshes well, and is far from over produced)O

Originality: 8/10 (It's not your typical rock)

Overall: 92/100 (A stellar, well put together album)

No comments: