11.4.08

Voice Your Opinion On Our Reviews... And a annoucement!

Hey readers, I've been getting some mail lately about people commenting on my bias on certain genres. Some people have commented that I am bias and that I rate Electronic/Dance music better than Rock or Pop albums. I think their has been a confusion. So the annoucement is from now on I will be reviewing my albums from 1 to 100%. Here is how I will be grading:

1. Lyrics: Lyrics are one of the most important part of albums. Usually out of a hundred the max you can get just based on lyrics and is 40 on 100. And that's just it you have very good lyrics and the rest of the componants of the album are horrible. It can also go the other way where if the lyrics are lacking and are completely idiotic the album can lose 40 points. (40/100)

2. Tunefullness: This is just how the album sounds. If there alot of sloppy guitar you will lose some points. But if it is melodic and very well put together you will get top marks which is 50! (50/100)

3. Concept/Originality: Here is were alot of albums go wrong. There is no originality! A concept album is most of the time very original. But sometimes just the sound is original and then therefore you will score top marks 10. (10/100)

And that is how I will be rating from now on. And I have also been getting some mail asking me about qualifications to write reviews. Well here it is:
-I was in a band for 15 years.
-I have a bachelors in Musicology
-I have been a fan of ALL music for all my life

And if you guys don't like how I reviewed a album then please comment come on guys jump in.

No comments: