27.9.08

Jack's Mannequin - The Glass Pasenger


It hasn't been a wasy road for lead singer of Jack's Mannequin (Andrew McMahon). He was diagnosed with ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) just after finished their debut album "Everything In Transit". Once I heard about all of the very positive reviews. I was very curious. And yes it is as good as some say.

It seems like the band has perfected the art of piano-rock. Especially catchy chorus' which is never a bad thing. Some of the album even sounds like Death Cab for Cutie. But even better.

Some may not like their type of music. But give it a chance. It really is something beautiful to hear. (Choice Cuts: "Spinning", "Crashin" and "American Love")

Rating: 90/100 (An album that tugs at you and never lets go)

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Wow, I need to check this one out. I've listened to Only By the Night by KOL. It's pretty meh right now in my mind. We'll see.

espo369 said...

Its defiantly worth listening to...it takes a few times for it everything to sink in. It came completely out of left field for me