5.9.08

Lady Gaga - The Fame


Its been a while since someone has been compared to Madonna the way Lady Gaga has been. Her dance infected pop music has won the hearts of many with her single "Just Dance". And her debut does the same.

Its has very much a electro/dance feel with a pop undertone. The album is fairly fluffy but very much enjoyable. It actually comes pretty close to Madonnas albums the way it has a contemporary feel but does not feel like its all been heard before. Heck theirs even a track that's like a modernization on Madonna material called "Brown Eyes". I agree that most of the music is pretty superficial ("Beautiful, Dirty, Rich") and not very meaningful but its just so enjoyable and, I can't help hum along.

Another very good part of the album is the production which is mainly handled by RedOne. It seems their styles mash well together and I believe it could be some of the best producing of the year for a pop album besides Madonnas (amazingly). (Choice Cuts: LoveGame, Just Dance, The Fame and Brown Eyes)

Rating: 78/100 (I don't care if I lose all my credibility. I have to tell the truth and this is the truth. I love this album)

No comments: