20.3.08

4 Minutes (To Save The World) - Madonna Feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland Review


If you would have told me when 'Confessions ...' came out that Madonna would be releasing a hip-hop album in 2008 I would have said you were crazy. Why? Because it's something completely different from what Madonna has tried in the past. Like Dr. Phil says "the best indicator of future behaviour is past". But I guess Dr. Phil is wrong in this situation. Although Madonna has dipped here and there in hip-hop it never became a main focus of an album. But judging from this single '4 Minutes' it should have been. This single is infectious. But when I first heard it I admit I was disappointed. But after a few listens you can't stop listening to it. The horns in the background just give it that extra something that brings it over the edge. If Madonna continues with this catchy hip-hop for this album it will be one for the ages.
Rating: 4.5/5

No comments: