18.3.08

Panic At The Disco - Pretty.Odd.


Pretty.Odd. is one way of expressing some people's feelings about this album. But we have another way of expressing it... Pretty.Good. suprisingly. It just seems like yesterday Panic At The Disco were all over our radios with 'I Write Sins Not Tragedies'. But this album makes it seem like generations ago. For one simple reason, it's more mature. It seems like Panic At The Disco have produced an album that every track does not sound the same like the previous album which seemed like a long track. I was not expecting much from this album but was I wrong. It seems I should not have underestimated Panic. This album has suprising depth. This album is full of horns, trumpets and suprisingly it works for them. Sure the album has one or two duds. But they make up for it by creating some real gems on this album like 'When The Day Met The Night', 'I Have Friends In Lonely Places', 'Do You Know What I'm Seeing', 'The Piano Knows Something I Don't Know' and 'Behind The Sea'. You can definatly tell that one of their big influences was The Beatles 'Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Band Club'. They try to be Beatle-esque while keeping their originality and they do it almost perfectly. It may have taken a little while to complete but man was the wait worth it. Hopefully they will continue on this path.

Rating: 4/5

No comments: