20.6.08

Katy Perry - One of the Boys


It's been the summer anthem so far this year. A cover song about girls kissing girls. I never thought this day would come. Is it the apocalypse? Well I guess not yet. Katy Perry once a nice Christian girl who even recorded Christian record comes back full rebellion. Or so she thinks. The album is trying to bring off 'rebellion' but it just brings off 'trying too hard'. Although I can't deny that I like my guilty pleasures 'Ur So Gay' and 'One of the Boys'. The rest of the album doesn't cut it. Although teenage girls will be drooling over this. I can't recommend it totally.

Rating: Lyrics: 22/40 (Some are cheeky and some are about love - next)

Tunefulness: 26/40 (It's hard not to create a tuneful record with Dr. Luke but she almost accomplished it here. I like her voice though)

Originality: 1/10 (It's the Avril Lavigne for this year)

Overall: 49/100 (At least it's not as bad as the Jonas Brothers)

No comments: