18.6.08

T.I. - No Matter What (Review)


As most of us know Atlanta rapper T.I. has had quite the year. From arrests, a friend dieing and his baby being stillborn. This is probably the most emotional rap single of the year. He proclaims over a church organ and blues guitar beat "I ain't dead/I ain't done/ I ain't scared /I ain't run /But still I stand/ No matter what people here I am". The production is also very good like always from Danja. This big coming from me because I have never really been a fan of T.I.'s. But this single is pretty good.



Rating: Lyrics: 37/40 (Emotional and truthful)

Tunefulness: 42/50 (Amazing production by Danja)

Originality: 7/10 (On paper it seems like a typical rap single, but it's more)

Overall: 86/100 (This is what rap is suppose to sound like [take notes Soulja Boy])

No comments: