27.7.08

Soul Food...



No it's not what you think. I am not writing about chicken and jambalaya. I'm talking about an artist that will meet your soul craving. Her name: Sharon Jones. I purchased her album sometime last year. I listened it to it twice. And from then on I left it to collect dust on my music shelf. Until this year. I was cleaning up my CD collection (placing them in order). When I saw her latest release '100 Days, 100 Nights' in my collection I didn't know what to do. I was way over my CD limit (about 100 CD's over!). I was throwing some away. So before bringing it to the curb I listened to it once more just to make sure of my decision. I placed it in my record player and listened to the sweet old soul. Before I could blink it was over. I was lost in her beautiful voice and the instrumental background. I had made my decision. Of course it stayed. When I started to reflect on the album I realized her she made me have feelings I had never felt before all at once. Hurt, guilt, anger and so much more. So do yourself a favor pick up her CD '100 Days, 100 Nights'.

No comments: