12.8.08

My Current Guilty Pleasures...

Everyone has them. That poppy jam that comes on Top 40 radio that you can't help sing-a-long to. But hide like your unwanted child. I admit it, I listen to Top 40 radio occasionally. I listen sometimes painfully but sometimes singing along like never before. So here is the list of my favorite guilty pleasures:

1. Kid Rock "All Summer Long"



It's practically impossible to say you like this song without sounding like a dork. Another reason its a guilty pleasure is it's Kid Rock. But I can't help but sing along with this rip-off of "Sweet Home Alabama".


2. Jonas Brothers "Burnin' Up"




It's a typical tween anthem from the Disney Corp. . It's as catchy as herpes and so darn cute you just have to have some sort of liking toward it. Even those you deny ever hearing of it. (I will reviewing their sophomore album "A Little Bit Longer" this week)

3. Duffy "Mercy"



I know she has received some critical acclaim but as a straight male. How do you tell your friends you listen to Duffy? Never thats how. I knew about her since she made it big in the UK but ever since shes made it onto North American radio I've been an even bigger Duffy fan. So much so that I went to a festival she was at and pushed and shoved 13 girls out of the way to get a close up.

4. Estelle feat. Kanye West "American Boy"




Like Duffy she has been received well by critics but still... Have you heard that beat!? It's so poppy and infectious that when you hear it around your friends it's like going into withdrawals from not tapping your feet and dancing. (I thought her album was great...not as poppy as this cut)

5. Madonna "Give It 2 Me"



I am one of the biggest closeted Madonna fans ever. Just this year on my blog I came out and said it "I love Madonna's album Hard Candy". It's kind of embarrassing that I think it is one of the best albums of the year (I know, right!) . This cut from her album has been a hit up here in Canada and its dance feel recalls her previous album "Confessions On The Dancefloor". If I were to give one reason why it is a guilty pleasure is...its Madonna!

So their you have it take a listen to these tracks and tell me what you think... What are your favorite guilty pleasures???

No comments: