30.8.08

The Verve - Forth


Is it just me, or all the 90's British bands coming back. Like Oasis and The Verve. You probably remember The Verve from their hit single "Bittersweet Symphony". It was one of the big hit in the 90's and used in lots of teen dramas (a little late. Don't you think).

Now from nowhere they have come out the closet to make a Coldplay replication of an album that does not have much originality.

I'm just going to let you know that I was anticipating this album. For one I thought "hey maybe they will get better with time". But they did not.

The album to my ears just sounds like a band way past their prime trying to get back into the spotlight. But frankly they will have a better chance of being into my house nightlite. (Choice Cuts: Love Is Noise)

Rating: 23/100 (I know most will find that I am being hard on them. But it just is not worth the money in my opinion. And is very much a dissapointment)

2 comments:

Stephen said...

I just reviewed this one. I don't think it's that bad, but it's certainly not notable, either. If anything, the album is pointless. I don't think many people care about the Verve anymore. Had this been in 2002, they might have still had a shot. Right now, though? Ten years too late.

espo369 said...

I agree...maybe my expectations were too high.