9.5.08

Madonna - Hard Candy (Re-Reviewed)


The reason why I am re-reviewing Madonna's most recent album 'Hard Candy' is because the more I listen to it the more I have different opinions on the album. And those opinions are more positive than before. This album must be re-listened to to get the full effect. It must have taken me at least 5 or 6 more listen's for me to really start to like it. For example some tracks which I could not stand (ex. Incredible) before are starting to be some of my favorites. Before some of my favorite track's included 4 Minutes, Beat Goes On and Miles Away. But now they also include Incredible, The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You and Heartbeat. This album is like a fine wine, give it time and this album will turn into a whole new experience.

Rating: Lyrics: 35/40 (Growing On Me More And More...)

Tunefulness: 45/50 (Those annoying beat's I mentioned before are slowly becoming my favorites)

Originality: 8/10 (Hip-Hop a la Madonna)

Overall: 88/100 (One of most enjoyable Madonna album's)

*I know I will probably lose all my credibility for rating Madonna's album 1 point less than Death Cab for Cutie. But these are two completely different genre's and cannot be compared. You cannot judge a book by it's cover so gice this album a chance

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thx for recommending this album! i would not have bought it if it was not for u! thx! luv the blog

Anonymous said...

I kind of disagree with your review on this instance... I found the album annoying. I don't know maybe it will grow on me like what happpend to you. Thanks for the great blog!