26.5.08

My Current Favorite Voice Ever!


For some they may say that Mariah Carey or The Beatles have the best voice(s) ever. But for me it's Antony Hegarty (Antony and the Johnsons and Hercules and Love Affair). His voice is unexplainable. I first heard of him when I heard his album 'I Am a Bird Now' and I was stunned. I didn't know what to think. I was in shock. I had to make sure this was actually a male because his voice is so venerable.(I later found out that he was gay. I have no problem with that. Just a little fact). My favorite album of his is 'I Am Now a Bird' or his side projects self-titled album 'Hercules And Love Affair'.

Hercules And Love Affair is a side project that just recently released their debut. It's a electronic/disco album that is by far one of the best of the year (I missed that review but I will be doing it later on today).

His main projects album 'I Am a Bird Now' is when you really hear his vulnerability. One of saddest songs I have ever heard, is on this album called 'Hope There's Someone'.

Hercules And Love Affair - Blind:

Antony And The Johnsons - Hope There's Someone:

No comments: