6.12.08

The Killers - Day & Age


It seems The Killers have a very short attention span. Every album they make they try to cover new ground. Hot Fuss was dance-rock, Sam's Town was a Bruce Springsteen tribute and now Day & Age which is pure electronic-pop album. The Las Vegas band was a huge hit with catchy songs that can make anyone dance. I mean anyone.

Once I had heard that they would be working with Stuart Price I was very excited to say the least. I had been a fan since Madonna's "Confessions" album. His swirly electronica style was a favorite of mine.

Once the first single had been released I thought it was a very good first single. It was typical Stuart Price style and it was a feast for the ears. I didn't quite understand the 'controversy' about the lyrics, but that's beside the point.

The album has a few high points but it's mostly low. Some of the high points are "Spaceman" and "Joy Ride" which are both lush and have that typical Killers sound. The low points are "I Can't Stay" and "The World We Live". Which both are some of their worst tracks.

In all, this album is not worth the buy if you are not a Killers fan. But if you are you will be left with wanting more from this band who has tons of potential.


Rating: 54/100 (Best Tracks: Spaceman and Human)

No comments: